Click here to view the full PDF document with additional links for ideas for your artwork!
CALL FOR ARTISTS!
The New Chicago Parks Board is seeking original design submissions for murals at Twin Oaks Park.
The Board invites the young people of our community to kick start our Summer Arts project by submitting designs we’ll use to make the mural come to life.
If you attend a River Forest School or are a student (up to 18 years of age) living in New Chicago, you are invited to submit!
Inspired to fill a wall with herons, tulip trees, and alligator turtles? Go for it! Are you a fan of swamp rabbits or short-tailed shrews? We’d love to see your portrait of one!
Don’t worry if you can’t participate in this project! We already have requests for more murals in the future!
How to Submit:
- The deadline for submittal is 11:59pm June 15th, 2022.
- Submissions must follow the native Indiana Flora and Fauna theme.
- Artwork must be an original work of art.
- Any medium, except for photography, is acceptable.
- Email your submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your name and a way to contact you on your submission
A committee of Northwest Indiana artists aged 8 and up will choose the artworks to be included in the mural.
Everyone who submits a design and helps paint will be invited to attend the mural exhibition event where their contributions will be acknowledged. Artists whose designs are used will be acknowledged on a plaque at Twin Oaks Park.
A release document will be required for designs used in the mural that grants the Town of New Chicago use of the artwork in the mural. Please understand that your work may be adapted or modified for use in the mural.